TOPCON TECHNOHOUSE CORPORATION Personal Data Protection Policy
TOPCON TECHNOHOUSE CORPORATION (“Topcon Technohouse”) will continue to seek to respect and protect each customer’s personal data. Topcon Technohouse will implement following Personal Data Protection Policy in its business activities.
Established: December 1, 2017
TOPCON TECHNOHOUSE CORPORATION
- Topcon Technohouse strictly observes the Personal Data and other relevant laws and regulations.
- When Topcon Technohouse obtains personal data from customers, in case without any individual explanation, Topcon Technohouse uses personal data with the aim of providing the information of the products and services of Topcon Technohouse or of its affiliated company, etc for the customer and also of showing new or useful information.
- Topcon Technohouse may provide and confide data to third parties with a view to analyzing or processing, feeding back, etc for our customer. The information will be handled appropriately in all these processes in accordance with the business activities and scale of Topcon Technohouse.
- Topcon Technohouse takes rational safety measures against the risk of personal data in cases like unauthorized access and disclosure to personal data or the loss, destruction, alternation, etc.
- Topcon Technohouse has established management system relating to personal data protection and strives to continuously improve.
About Personal Data Protection of our website
The customer who uses Topcon Technohouse website will be able to use the most of the services in the website without giving any personal data (Please note that some services including membership page “Club Techno” may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.)
Request to customers
Topcon Technohouse disclaims any responsibility for the collecting, managing and the security of customer’s personal data used on third parties’ websites that are linked to our website. As to the personal data protection of third parties’ website, please refer or confirm the content by yourself.
- 1. When Topcon Technohouse ask our customers about personal data
- Topcon Technohouse will ask our customers about personal data in the following cases.
- 1) When the customer joins a seminar or an exhibition.
- 2) When asking catalogue of our products and services.
- 3) When inquiring for our products and services.
- 4) When asking information or registers with our employment.
- 5) When the customer gives his/her cooperation in customer survey.
- Here ‘personal data’ refers to the information with which one will be able to identify individual customer such as name, address, telephone number, E-mail address, etc.
- 2. Intended Use of Personal Data
- Topcon Technohouse intends to use personal data of customers and other individuals for the following purposes.
- 1) Sending multi information distribution services by E-mail.
- 2) Provision of product support or maintenance.
- 3) Responses to inquiries.
- 4) Tally and analysis of count of access to improve our website.
- 3. Disclosure and Provision of personal data to third parties
- Topcon Technohouse does not disclose or provide personal data to third parties without consent of the customer.
However, we may provide affiliated company, distributor or third parties of customer’s personal data in the following situation such as.
- 1) When it is necessary to provide our customer of the information and material for our products and services.
- 2) When a customer needs information of our products and services and that we admit the necessity with the aim to realize the customer’s requirement.
- 3) When complying with laws and regulations or protecting the public benefit.
- 4) When we disclose in the situation we can not identify an individual customer.
- 5) When protecting the benefit of our own or of third party
- About our personal data protection, please contact us at.
Topcon Technohouse Corporation Website administrator
- 4. Procedures for Requests for Disclosure
- Topcon Technohouse complies with the following requests from customers concerning the customer’s personal data held by Topcon Technohouse.
- 1) Request for disclosure.
- 2) Request for notification of the intended purpose.
- 3) Request for correction.
- 4) Request for addition.
- 5) Request for deletion.
- 6) Request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosing to third parties.
- Please refer to Procedures concerning Requests for Disclosure.
- How to request for disclosure
- This document describes the procedures by which Topcon Technohouse, acting in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law, complies with the following requests for response in writing from customers or their agents concerning the customer’s personal data: (1) Request for disclosure; (2) Request for notification of the intended use of the personal data; (3) Request for correction; (4) Request for addition; (5) Request for deletion; and (6) Request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosing to third parties. ((1) to (6) are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Requests for Disclosure.”).
- Address for Requests for Disclosure
- About our personal data protection, please contact us at.
- Topcon Technohouse Corporation Website administrator
75-1 Hasunuma-cho, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo 174-8580 Japan
Tel : +81-(0)3-3558-2666
Fax : +81-(0)3-3558-4661
Email : email@example.com
- Documents to be submitted concerning Requests for Disclosure
- When making requests for disclosure, click the link below to download the request form (1), complete all prescribed fields, enclose the identity confirmation document (2), and post the documents to the postal address indicated in 1. above.
- (1)Topcon Technohouse’s prescribed request form
- For requests for disclosure of personal data or notification of intended use
Request Form for Personal Data Disclosure[64KB]
- For requests for correction, deletion, addition
Request Form for Personal Data Correction[64KB]
- For requests for or cessation of use, deletion or cessation of disclosing to third parties
Request Form for Personal Data Cessation of use[68KB]
- For requests for disclosure of personal data or notification of intended use
- (2)Identity confirmation document
- driver’s license
- health insurance card
- one of the following document (pension booklet, resident registry card with photograph, alien registration card)
From 1 to 3, a copy is available
- (3)Requests for Disclosure through Agent
- When your agent is making a Request for Disclosure on your behalf, include the following documents in addition to (1) and (2) in 2. above.
- Agent identity confirmation document
- driver’s license
- health insurance card
- pension booklet
- resident registry card with photograph
- alien registration card
From 1 to 5, a copy is available
*A proven record when the agent is legal representative
- Fee for Requests for Disclosure or Notification of Intended Use
Topcon Technohouse does not charge a fee for requests for disclosure or notification of intended use, yet the person making the request bears the cost of postage to Topcon Technohouse.
- Method of Responding to Requests for Disclosure
Topcon Technohouse will respond in writing to the address written on the request form you submitted.
- Use of Personal Data Obtained in Connection with Requests for Disclosure
Topcon Technohouse will handle personal data obtained in connection with Requests for Disclosure only for the purpose of complying with Requests for Disclosure. Topcon Technohouse will not return submitted documents. After a request for personal data has been answered, Topcon Technohouse will maintains and dispose of the documents in an appropriate manner.Reasons for Not Disclosing Personal Datas
In the cases below, Topcon Technohouse will not be able to comply with Requests for Disclosure of personal information. In cases where Topcon Technohouse decides not to respond to inquiries as requested, Topcon Technohouse will notify the person making the request to that effect and give the reason. When the principal’s identity cannot be confirmed, such as when the address on the completed request form, the address on the completed documents for confirming the identity of the person to whom the personal data refers, and the address registered at Topcon Technohouse do not match
- When it cannot be confirmed that the agent has duly authorized by power of attorney
- When there is a deficiency in the prescribed documents for submission
- When Topcon Technohouse cannot identify the personal data on the basis of the information contained in the request
- When the information subject to the request does not come within the scope of “retained personal data” as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 5 of the Personal Data Protection Law
- When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, or property of the person to whom the personal data refers or to a third party
- When there is a risk of considerable obstruction to the appropriate operation of Topcon Technohouse’s business
- When disclosure would constitute a violation of another law or regulation
Topcon Technohouse may from time to time revise these procedures to better protect personal data or to comply with changes in applicable laws or regulations. Be sure to confirm the current procedures when making requests for disclosure of personal data and others.
- Agent identity confirmation document
Your privacy and trust are important to us and this Privacy Statement (“Statement”) provides important information about how Topcon Technohouse (“Topcon Technohouse”, “we” or “us”) handle personal information. This Statement describes which personal data we collect through our website, application, product, software, or service that links to such website, application, product and or software as well as through our sales and marketing activities (collectively, our “Services”) and the purpose why we process your personal information.
Subject of data protection is personal data (hereinafter “personal data” or “personal information”). Pursuant to Art 4 No. 1 GDPR, this is all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; this includes, for example, names or identification numbers.
Please read this Statement carefully and contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any questions about our privacy practices or your personal information choices.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important that you check back often for updates to this Statement. If we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice on the relevant Services and/or contact you using other methods such as email. A current version of this Statement is always accessible on our website.
This Statement was last updated on May 25th, 2018.
- 1. What information about you is collected by Topcon Technohouse?
- Topcon Technohouse may request and/or collect certain personal information from you whenever you interact with us, when you enter personal information on our website or provide us with personal information in any other way including your name, address, email address, telephone number, etc., as well as information related to customer satisfaction surveys, customer purchasing habits, warranty information and/or other purchasing information or other information volunteered by you. Topcon Technohouse may also collect other technical information such as your IP address, MAC address, internet service provider, computer operating platform, web browser, and other similar information. We also collect personal data such as name, surname, e‐mail and phone number of the relevant contact person of your company. If you work as an individual we will also collect payment information such as bank information and VAT number. You are under no obligation to provide any personal information to Topcon Technohouse. However the information Topcon Technohouse learns from customers helps us personalize and improve the experience at Topcon Technohouse’s websites. If you don’t provide such information, some features of Topcon Technohouse’s websites may not be available to you.
- We also collect personal information from third parties such as our partners, service providers, and publicly available websites, to offer Services we think may be of interest and to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the Services.
- 2. Name and contact details of Data Controller handling Personal Information
- Topcon Technohouse Corporation (75-1,Hasunuma-cho,Itabashi-ku,TOKYO,174-8580 JAPAN)‐
- 3. How does Topcon Technohouse handle Your Personal Data?
- Topcon Technohouse collects, obtains, uses and provides personal information in an appropriate manner.
- Topcon Technohouse makes best efforts to ensure personal data to be precise and up‐to‐date.
- Topcon Technohouse takes necessary and appropriate measures to manage personal data including protecting personal data against unauthorized access, loss, leak and damage.
- Topcon Technohouse complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. In determining data retention periods, Topcon Technohouse takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers.
- Topcon Technohouse complies with laws, regulations and the guidelines for them as well as internal rules on personal information.
- When contracting the handling of personal data to a third party, Topcon Technohouse only entrusts to a contractor who meets the requirements based on Topcon Technohouse’s internal rules. Topcon Technohouse manages such contractors in an appropriate manner.
- Topcon Technohouse remains up to date towards any change of the EU (and local) legislation regarding data protection (including the General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR).
- 4. What is the Purpose and Legal Basis of processing Personal Information?
- We collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal information when needed to provide our Services and for our operational and business purposes as described in this Statement.
- Topcon Technohouse ensures that, in the process of providing its products and services, it will obtain only personal data necessary to carry out its business through the Topcon Technohouse business entities for the purposes of use (as described below).
- Topcon Technohouse may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- ‐ Sales of Products ‐ Providing with products and services that Topcon Technohouse and partners offer (“Products”) & Managing contractual relationship related to providing Products and other business activities. The processing of personal data is carried out on the basis of legal regulations that allow us to process personal data to the extent necessary for the use of a service or the performance of a contract, Art 6 para. 1 b) GDPR.
- ‐ Use of Products ‐ Planning, development, manufacturing, installation, support, training and maintenance of machines and equipment, providing and distributing information such as information on Products, contact you about warranty, service and sales issues. The processing of personal data is carried out on the basis of legal regulations that allow us to process personal data to the extent necessary for the use of a service or the performance of a contract, Art 6 para. 1 b) GDPR.
- ‐ Marketing and Communication ‐ Information communication and information processing services & advertising and holding campaigns, exhibits and other events to promote Products as well as deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports, and business information and to personalize your experience with our Services & Providing and distributing brochures, materials and samples of Products. When you communicate with us or sign up for promotional materials, we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, Art 6 para. 1 f) GDPR, and our legitimate interest is to provide you with our promotional messages. Where we are required under applicable local law to obtain your consent for sending you marketing information, the legal basis is your consent, Art 6 para. 1 a) GDPR. If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- ‐ Improvement of our website ‐ personalizing your experience at our websites; selectively sending you information that may be of interest to you; contests and sweepstakes; market research and online surveys; automatic monitoring of statistical information to determine how Topcon Technohouse’s websites are being used. The processing of personal data is carried because Topcon Technohouse has a predominant legitimate interest in making the use of the website as easy and efficient as possible, Art 6 para. 1 f) GDPR. (for more information see clause 5)
- ‐ Improvement of our Products ‐ Conducting surveys on Products and analysis of the results. The processing of personal data is carried because Topcon Technohouse has a predominant legitimate interest to enhance your experience and to develop and improve our products, Art 6 para. 1 f) GDPR.
- ‐ Application Process ‐ We collect personal data relating to job applicants in connection with our employment application/recruiting process. In instances where personal data is collected in connection with a specific open position we will store the subject personal data for no more than 30 days following the date on which the subject opening is no longer available. In instances where personal data is collected that is not specifically associated to an open position we will store the subject personal data for no more than 180 days. Should we wish to you’re your personal information on file longer for consideration for future suitable employment opportunities with us we will ask for your consent, which, if given, can be withdrawn at any time.
- 5. Cookies and Analytics
- 5.1. Cookies
We store so‐called “cookies” in order to offer you a comprehensive range of functions and to make the use of our websites more convenient. “Cookies” are small files that are stored on your computer with the help of your internet browser. If you do not wish the use of “cookies”, you can prevent the storage of “cookies” on your computer by making the appropriate settings in your internet browser. Please note that this may limit the functionality and range of functions of our offer.
- In particular, we use the following cookies:
Google Analytics ‐ to monitor and analyze traffic coming to the site and page visits while on the site
- 5.2. Google Analytics
- We use Google Tag Manager, web analysis services of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your device, to help the website analyze your use of https://www.topcon-techno.co.jp/.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our Site (including your shortened IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the our websites, to compile reports on website activity for website operators and to provide other services associated with the use of our Site and services related to the use of the internet. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
- You can disable Google Analytics by using a browser add‐on if you do not want the website analysis. You can download the browser add‐on here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. You can object to the use of Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics is used on the basis of our legitimate interest in a demand‐oriented design, statistical evaluation and efficient advertising of our Site and the fact that your legitimate interests do not outweigh, Art 6 para. 1 f) GDPR.
- 6. Processing of sensitive Personal Data
- We do not process any sensitive personal data (e.g. health or religious data) from you unless we have previously asked for your written consent, Art 9 para. 2 a) GDPR.
- 7. Sharing your personal data
- Your personal data will be shared within the following entities:
- We have made sure that the entire Topcon Technohouse respect the GDPR and only share your personal information within the Topcon Technohouse if this is legitimate, e.g. because there are necessary intra‐group agreements in place or because it serves internal administrative purposes in which case we will weigh up your conflicting interests in accordance with the GDPR.
- ‐ Third party service providers ‐ which have been thoroughly selected based on their compliance with the GDPR and only when to fulfill the services they provide to us, such as software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising; data analytics; and order fulfillment and delivery. Our third‐party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us. We will enter into the necessary legal agreements with the third party service providers in order to secure your personal information.
- ‐ Business Partners ‐ Topcon Technohouse may share personal information with business partners in order to improve your experience with Topcon Technohouse and for Topcon Technohouse’s marketing purposes. Topcon Technohouse may share non‐personal aggregate data about sales, customers, visitors to the site and related site information with third parties. We will enter into the necessary legal agreements with our business partners in order to secure your personal information.
- We do not sell or share your personal information to or with any other third parties.
- 8. Your rights and your personal data
- You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- ‐ Right of access ‐ You have the right to request from us access to the processed personal data concerning you to the extent of Art 15 GDPR at any time. For this purpose you can send your request via email to the address stated above.
- ‐ Right to rectification of incorrect data ‐ You have the right to request from us the immediate rectification of the personal data concerning you, if these are incorrect. To do this, please contact the contact address stated above.
- ‐ Right to erasure ‐ Under the requirements set out in Art 17 GDPR you have the right to request from us the erasure of the personal data concerning you. These requirements especially provide a right to erasure where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, the personal data have been unlawfully processed, you object to the processing or the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the we are subject. Regarding the period for which the personal data will be stored please refer to No. 13 of this data protection declaration. To assert one of the above mentioned rights please contact us under the contact address stated above.
- ‐ Right to restriction of processing ‐ You have the right to request us to restrict the processing according to Art 18 GDPR. This right especially exists when the accuracy of the personal data is contested between the user and us, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data, in the case that the data subject who has a right to erasure opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead, for the case that we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims as well as if the successful exercise of an objection between us and the user is still controversial. To assert the above mentioned right please contact us under the contact address stated above.
- ‐ Right to data portability ‐ You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine‐readable format according to Art 20 GDPR. To assert one of the above mentioned rights please contact us under the contact address stated above.
- ‐ Right to object ‐ Pursuant to Art 21 GDPR, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on lit e) or f) of Art 6 para. 1 GDPR. We will no longer process your personal data unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- ‐ Right to lodge a complaint ‐ You have the right to lodge a complaint at any time with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
A list of all European data protection authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
- 9. Marketing Communication
- We like to send you free publications like Product News and Insights, Press Releases and Company News, as well as invitations for Events, Training and Webinars.
Your personal data will be processed in order to be able to offer you the contents as ordered by you, Art 6 para. 1 b) GDPR.
- You can unsubscribe from these communication at any time. Each communication contains information on how you can cancel the subscription with effect for the future.
In case of other e‐mail‐marketing related to direct marketing, we reserve the right to send you information on goods and services similar to those you have purchased from us by e‐mail. You can object to receiving such information by email at any time. Each email contains information on how to unsubscribe from future emails.
- 10. Cross‐border Personal Data Transfer and Storage of your personal Data
- When we transfer personal information from the European Economic Area to other countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data privacy protection as in your home country, we take measures to provide an appropriate level of data privacy protection. In other words, your rights and protections remain with your personal information. For example, we use approved contractual clauses, multiparty data transfer agreements, intragroup agreements, and other measures designed to ensure that the recipients of your personal information protect it. If you would like to know more about our data transfer practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
- 11. How long do we keep your personal information?
- We erase or make your personal information anonymous as soon as they are no longer required for the purposes for which we have collected or used them in accordance with this Statement. As a rule, we store your personal data for the duration of the usage or contractual relationship plus a reasonable period of time in which we keep backups after deletion.
- 12. Security and Safety measures
- Topcon Technohouse takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
- 13. Links to other websites
- Topcon Technohouse’s websites may contain links to other websites. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we encourage you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information that you submit or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. This Statement does not apply to third party websites and any personal data you provide to third party websites is at your own risk.